Position N°: 50000403
Publication date: 22-Jan-2020
Closing date: 04-Feb-2020
Duty station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF. The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG)
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The African Development Bank’s Security Unit (PSEC) is a robust security function reporting to the President of the Bank. Deep global analytical capabilities combined with Africa wide security processes are in place in order to provide the full spectrum of security services to the Bank. Security Unit detects, deters and reacts to a broad range of risks spanning the security spectrum; physical; political, information and reputational risks around the globe are monitored closely to address the changing security dynamic. Our security requirements include risk analysis, training, coordination with outside actors and implementation of security programs at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
The security investigator organizes and executes investigations. He is responsible for liaising with external security and information sources in the resolution of incidents and completion of investigations. The Security Agent will fully support the PSEC Management through the execution of their security responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Security Unit, the Security Assistant will:
- Plan and execute security investigations in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate the security element of internal investigations with the respective departments;
- Co-ordinate third parties involved in internal security investigations;
- Prepare and provide reports on the status of investigations to all relevant parties;
- Communicate results of investigations with the Head, PSEC;
- Contribute to the development of procedures and policies associated with security investigations.
- Analysis the results of multiple investigations to identify patterns and linkages in investigations.
- Recommend corrective action to be taken to reduce the occurrence of internal cases of theft or similar incidents;
- Lead the implementation of recommended corrective action;
- Monitor the implementation of Security measures designed to reduce the occurrence of internal incidents and escalate any issues of non-compliance through periodic assessments;
- Participate in the organization and control of security for special events organized by the Bank;
- Periodically analyse all information collected from access control equipment and make recommendations to improve the overall security posture of the Bank’s premises;
- Contribute to the development of procedures and policies associated with security such as emergency procedures, Fire safety etc.
- Observe areas immediately surrounding the Bank’s premises to identify threats. Recommend risk mitigation or prevention strategies for identified threats.
- Implement measures prescribed to deter and detect fraudulent activities from inside or outside the Bank.
- Report any security issues to the direct supervisor and PSEC Leadership for resolution.
- Provide secure custody for all exhibits or documentary evidence on behalf of the Head or Unit.
- In collaboration with the Regional Security Operations Center, maintain a detailed incident data base and case management system.
- Collect information from victim(s) and provide immediate assistance as required
- Collaborate with external parties and partners in the management of incidents
- Communicate using the appropriate defined channels.
- Request the update of residential information on security databases as and when necessary
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Security or any other related subject
- A minimum of Five (5) years of experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work
- At least two years experiences as an investigator with the UN system or an international NGO or International Organization is desirable and is considered as a positive factor.
- Communication – Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience.
- Problem Solving: Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Client Orientation: Ensures that the Bank’s staff is considered to be of primary importance in all interactions. Strives to understand, and when appropriate, anticipate staff needs, and ensures that staff receive the best possible service from the Unit.
- Team Working and Relationships: Works with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment
- Good Analytical Skills
- Well-groomed with a good level of physical fitness;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate under pressure;
- Confidentiality and flexibility;
- Experience with CCTV System; Emergency Communication System (Radio, Satellite phones….)
- Ability to apply AfDB PSEC rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED AS A LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONALTERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct [email protected]
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.