Application Deadline: December 15, 2019
Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be, first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take
advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates
from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration
Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Bachelor dual degree candidates
- Exchange students
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
- Candidates can not cumulate their applications for the joint scholarship with CSC and the Emile Boutmy Simple Scholarship.
The Emile Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other
scholarship (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…), unless
otherwise decided by the jury.
This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account.
This scholarship is not automatically awarded: candidates must
indicate their wish to apply directly in their online bachelor or
master’s application form.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme: To be confirmed
- Deadline for master programme: December 15, 2019
Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile
Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their
Sciences Po application. Please note that we might ask applicants to provide a proof of income and documents explaining their family situation
(e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce
certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child
support or retirement pensions, death certificate…). Applicants must
also attach, if applicable, their language test before the application deadline of the scholarship.
For More Information: