Application Deadline: Deadline for submission 7th February 2020
The growing cancer epidemic in Lesotho presents a major challenge to the national health system that must be addressed with immediate effect. In line with the provisions of the current Government strategies, particularly, the Lesotho National Development Strategy (2018 – 2023) and the Health Sector Strategic Plan 2018 – 2023, the Ministry of Health has initiated in collaboration with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and other Line Ministries, the planning of a well-staffed and well equipped radiotherapy facility called National Radiotherapy Facility (NRF) by 2020/2021 to provide quality cancer care to patients in Lesotho.
The Ministry of Health is currently looking for 4 academically eligible Basotho Doctors who are willing to study for a 4 years program in Radiation Oncology either in Zambia or Ghana. The applicants must be informed that training will start in September 2020.
Requirements for ROs
- Must be less than 40 years at the time of start of training.
- Undergraduate degree: Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MD, MBBS,MBChB)
- Must have at least two years of internship under a recognized institution
Duration of the programme: 4 years
Applicants must submit their applications as follows;
- Application letter addressed to the Director Clinical Services
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of academic certificates and transcripts (From Primary Leaving school up to the highest qualification
- Certified copies of Lesotho National ID and Birth Certificate
- Employed applicant must obtain employer’s nomination letter that acknowledges duration of employment and programme of study applied for by the employee
All applications should be hand delivered to Ministry of Health, Head Quarters second floor, Director Clinical Services Office 214 or Secretary’s Office 212.