Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
You help execute the revenue management workstream to help us optimize the return on investment on our trade spend activities.
How you will contribute
- Work with customer teams to track progress towards revenue KPIs
- Complete promotional post evaluations in partnership with Finance and Marketing
- Support the Customer Planning Manager by providing regular reporting including volume tracking, trade spend, % promoted, seasonal in flight tracking
- Monitor revenue realization of any cost price increases
- Work with customer teams and Sales Finance to ensure all trade spend in the system is accruing correctly
- Attend customer forecast surgeries to understand customer dynamics and identify opportunities and risks to the plan
- Approve promotional activity in line with guidelines with regular reviews of promotional spend
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Reducing complexity using an analytical, disciplined and collaborative approach
- Synthesizing multiple data points into a holistic position
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Problem solving
- Finding new and innovative solutions
- Working in a fast-moving consumer goods or consumer packaged goods environment a distinct advantage
- Customer and category knowledge a distinct advantage
More about this role
This role is responsible for the governance (tracking and assessment to contract) of the overall category commercial plan, working on the IBP process and customer JBP timelines. Helps lead the cross-functional alignment with the Sales and Category, Marketing, Finance, Demand planning & CS&L teams to ensure the Marketing and Shopper plans deliver against budgets and resource allocation (both internal and external).
What you need to know about this position:
- Category commercial plan (6 months & below) for the Channel (Modern Trade)
- Manage Category promotional strategy across channels/ customers and communication to stakeholders
- Support the preparation of NPD selling story to ensure implementation of launch plan
- Analyze, evaluate and communicate the category performance across channels and customers
- Assesses delivery of the category Gross to Nett (Trade Spend) target versus contract and manage consolidation of the category forecast across channels and customers
- Responsible for category forecasting by channels and customer and manage the sales input (bottom up forecast) to the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) cycle. Co-ordinate in-store category/brand advertising with the relevant stakeholders across sales and marketing to ensure excellence and consistency in execution output.
- Actively track launch/activation implementation and performance, also conducting post-evaluations to be shared with the commercial organization.
- Manage category portfolio operational issues (e.g. skus code change, transition for code change) to ensure no disruption in day to day operation across channels and customers.
- Plan and execute point of purchase (POP) 5Ps tactics that underpin the delivery of AC targets & reflect the category strategy.
- Compile Sales Activation Master Plans (SAMP) that include POS material and visibility plan based on 5P Picture of Success for the channel
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Relevant sales &/or sales operations experience
- Highly articulate with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Proven Space and Category Planning knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail and proven ability to interpret data into insights
- Excellent client facing, communication and administrative abilities required
- Understanding of the principles of Customer vs Shopper Marketing and Category Management
- Flexible and entrepreneurial
- Basic understanding of customer packed goods industry, the channels in which our products are sold and account specific market
- Carry out the role accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the company
- Work together with all your peers and customers. A key part of your performance review each year will be based on their input.
- Exemplify the company’s Higher Purpose & Values in practice – this will be a key part of your annual development cycle.
Education / Certifications:
- A relevant Commercial Degree or Diploma or equivalent qualification is required
Job specific requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Shopper/Customer Marketing Activation strategies
- Experience in developing business reporting and KPI dashboards for a full picture of channel, customer and consumer performance
- Understand promotional tactics, execution and fulfilment processes
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category Planning & Activation