When is the Application Deadline:
31st December 2021.
Tell Me About SA-CERN Excellence Bursary:
The DSI and the NRF resolved to support access to global infrastructure as a key component of infrastructure provision for research and development as well as human capacity development.
National programs were established among them the South Africa-CERN (SA-CERN) program in order to enable south African researchers from all universities and institutions to access the largest international research infrastructure in the world (CERN).
In order to take advantage of the huge potential offered by CERN for young South African students, the Coordination Committee of the SA-CERN program decided to allocate a limited number of bursaries to the best South African students who wish to embrace a career as a researcher in a number of scientific and technical fields.
The SA-CERN Excellence Bursary seeks outstanding individuals to aid their MSc or PhD studies in research related to the CERN facility. The goal is to support a pipeline of representative, excellent students into the next generation of South African academics studying the fundamental nature of the Universe.
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply?
The SA-CERN Programme seeks outstanding individuals to aid their MSc or PhD studies in research related to the CERN facility.
- a proven track record of excellence and clear evidence of outstanding future potential
- research project and supervisor within the SA-CERN Programme
- registration at a South African university for full-time studies from 2022
- South African citizenship
Which Countries are Eligible?
Where will Award be Taken?
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
What is the Benefit of SA-CERN Excellence Bursary?
The Excellence Bursaries will provide full cost support for the 2022 academic year. The SA-CERN Programme will also sponsor research trips to CERN aligned with projects.
How to Apply for SA-CERN Excellence Bursary:
E-mail the following documents in one PDF file
• your up-to-date CV
• copy of your full academic record;
• statement of purpose, which must address your 1) proposed research topic, 2) proposed supervisor, 3) career goals, 4) transformation goals;
• copy of your ID document;
• three letters of recommendation (may be sent separately by letter writers);
• copies of any research publications/reports you have (co-)authored; and
• copies of your MSc dissertation (if applying for the PhD bursary) and your Honours project (BSc (Hons) / BSc (Eng)). to [email protected] by 31 December 2021
For further information visit https://sa-cern.tlabs.ac.za/ or contact [email protected]
Visit SA-CERN Excellence Bursary Webpage for Details