Letšeng seeks to engage competent Basotho nationals with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the positions of ROPE ACCESS TECHNICIAN (SIX MONTHS FIXED-TERM).
ROPE ACCESS TECHNICIAN: The Rope Access Technician shall perform rope access tasks required by Geotechnical team under the supervisor of Senior Rope Access Practitioner.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Open pit mine rope access work
• Inspection of his or her own rope and harness
• Assist in rigging and non-standard operations
• Assist in basic rescue
• Assist blasting team in drilling and charging holes inaccessible by blasting crew.
• Installation of cable bolts on the high wall
• Installation of ground support mesh and accessories
• Rock barring on the pits high walls
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Rope access certification level 1
• At least 1000 hours working in rock slope high walls
• Rock barring and support installation
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Good communication and organisational skill, with an emphases on team work
• A positive attitude towards safety, training and environment
• Pass pre-employment medicals.
• Light Vehicle Driver’s License would be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to the Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email them to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 18th October 2019.
DISCLAIMER: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.