You’ll be responsible for day to day on-site project supervision and ensure assigned jobs are carried out effectively and productively in order to meet customer specifications, requirements and deadline
The supervisor must ensure that all the safety regulations and requirements are being complied with in relation to all crane and rigging functions on site
The crane supervisor should direct and supervise the lifting operation to make sure it is carried out in accordance with the project method statement.
- Ensure all the safety regulations and requirements are being complied with in relation to all crane and rigging functions on site
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all lifting activities in the project.
- Perform daily inspection on all mobile cranes, crawler crane and electrical power driven (pendant control) overhead cranes used in the project
- Ensure that the operators of mobile I crawler cranes conduct pre-operation check using company prescribed checklist.
- Perform daily toolbox talk to the crane operators, riggers and rigging team members
- Participate in meetings on Lifting Operations and provide the necessary feedback to the lifting team.
- Ensure that only registered crane operators, appointed riggers engage in any lifting operation involving the use of a mobile/ crawler crane
- Ensure that the ground conditions are safe for any lifting operation to be performed by any mobile / crawler crane
- Coordinate multiple mobile and tower cranes
- Oversee and supervise the working with tower crane assembly/ mobilization/ de- mobilization/ maintenance / safety
- Brief all crane operators, riggers on the safe lifting procedures in line with safe work procedures and site requirements.
- Check the load and riggings to ensure that the load can be lifted and moved safely by any mobile/ crawler crane or tower crane.
- Immediately stop any lifting operation upon receiving any report on defect or malfunction of safety device of the mobile crane or tower crane, thereafter tag-out the affected mobile crane or tower crane and report to the Construction Manager
Skills & Experience:
- Certified Red Seal Rigger
- Minimum 7 years overall experience initially as a Rigger / Foreman
- 3 years’ experience as lifting supervisor in Construction /heavy engineering industry
- Demonstrated highly skilled knowledge in working with tower crane assembly/ mobilization/ de- mobilization/ maintenance / safety
- Ability to coordinate multiple mobile and tower cranes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the relevant Safety Regulations applicable to lifting activities
- Knowledge of different types of rigging methods and selection of different types of lifting gears for any special needs
- Experience in heavy lifting objects
- Understand different types of lifting clamps and their safe usages
SPX Corporation is a supplier of highly engineered products and technologies, holding leadership positions in the HVAC, detection and measurement, and engineered solutions markets. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX Corporation had approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue in 2018 and more than 4,000 employees in 17 countries. SPX Corporation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “SPXC”. For more information, please visit www.spx.com .
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.