This role has full accountability for the production targets for Southern Africa inwards reinsurance and has reinsurance distribution managers as direct reports.
Develops, retains and expands business relationship with all distribution channels in selected Southern Africa Countries. Build relationships with cedants and RI brokers that will lead to sufficient pipeline in our chosen products. Manages relationships to ensure that service levels meet or exceed customer expectations across all products and services. Develop sales plans for targeted distribution channels and recommend & promote company products and services, based on distribution channel needs
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the Southern Africa inwards reinsurance team
- Set objectives for direct reports, provide input for objectives of matrix reports and ensure that staff objectives / KPI’s are aligned to achievement of business goals.
- Ensure that appropriate training and development is provided to meet business needs
- Work with HR to ensure that staff development plans are in place for direct reports with feedback and follow-up
- Manage succession planning to develop & retain talent and build bench strength.
New and Existing Business and Distribution Development
- Keep abreast of local market changes and trends. Manage the business development process though lead generation and developing & managing existing and new distribution channel relationships.
- Keep abreast of new products / product developments from competitors in the local markets and provide feedback to BDM Manager and Profit Centers
- Regularly engage with current and potential distribution channels to explore needs, requirements and actively pursue any kind of business opportunity
- Promote AIG products and services on Financial Lines, Liability and Marine product lines
- Maximize distribution channel relationships with cedants and RI brokers through strong, solution driven partnership strategies and action plans (cross-sell, up-sell)
- Manage designated, assigned distribution channels and ensure monthly production targets are met
- Achieve new business and renewal/retention targets per LOB
- Adhere to calling pattern in line with distribution channel management policy
- Prepare & present proposals to distribution channels.
- Manage the pipeline process for designated distribution channels
- Adhere to internal process for follow up, policy issuance, renewals, endorsements, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate new business and distribution reports as required
- Support / execute the internal credit & premium flow requirements
- Manage internal and external SLA’s to meet distribution channel & client expectations of performance and efficiency.
- Provide reports to assigned distribution channels with respect to monthly production, loss ratios, etc
- Serve as a trusted advisor on all pertinent issues
- Resolve distribution channel issues and concerns and regularly review expectations to ensure relationship is mutually acceptable and beneficial
Audit and Compliance
- Ensure adherence to audit and compliance requirements
Marketing Diploma (or similar qualification)
Short Term insurance qualification preferable
5+ years in short term insurance
Experience in dealing with Sub Saharan Africa territories
Minimum of 3 years in related marketing management role
Familiarity with Financial Lines, Liability and Marine products
At least 2 years experience in managing a team(s).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES / LEVELS
AIG Core Competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Presentation Skills
- Innovation Management
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Building effective teams and develop Talent
- Risk Analysis and Pricing
- Interpretation of legal agreements
- Policies for Regulations
- Portfolio Management
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates in line with the company’s Employment Equity Plan. Specific preference will be given to people with disabilities.
SM – Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG South Africa