# 74615 – Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
The Retail Environment Manager provides input on retailer perspective in the commercial process. The incumbent will work closely with both Consumer Marketing and Customer Management to develop strategies and tactics to grow the business in the specific RE’s.
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBLITIES
- Identify, prioritize Shopper/RE Develop RE strategies and 5P’s based on Category and Brand Strategies and on robust RE, shopper and customer Insights for specific RE (to be the expert in the RE)
- Develop RE strategy and 5Ps by RE based on RE and shopper expertise/insights
- Adapt category Promotion activity grid by RE and identify activities to grow the RE and customer
- Manage the GTN investment for the retail environment, p.e. TPR’s, PPR’s, Business builders Direct & Indirect. Develop a RE investment strategy & track the KPI’s goals-pay for performance.
- Consolidate the customer needs/grid by RE for inputs in commercial plans. Provide input on retailer perspective in commercial process
- Develop 5P’s communication tools to CDT to execute the plans
- Responsible for 5P’s tracking, for continuously monitoring and work w/ CDT for corrections when needed.
- Identify and activate RE Growth Initiatives and work together with RM Shopper Mkt including on the shopper programs
- Define Budget Review/MYR Volume plan & Financial Goals by RE aligned with commercial team
- Identify gaps and solutions by RE in Monthly Commercial Meetings
- Develop robust RE Business analysis. (e.g.SOM, Distrib.) to be the expert on the business by RE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Marketing/ or relevant field
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
- 4-6 years minimum of customer development experience with a strong understanding of the FMCG environment operations.
- Analytical experience to conduct RE assessment and identify opportunities.
- Business knowledge and understanding on category and brand strategies to serve as input for the RE strategies development.
- Proven ability to input (communication skills) and be the voice of RE and customers’ needs in commercial process meetings
- Manage different promotions and activation at same time
- Able to build good relationship w/ CDT and Marketing to implement the strategies, to build activity grid and achieve RE objectives
- Work with Insights team to identify the RE knowledge and shopper behavior to build learning’s to be the expert in the RE and identify opportunities to grow.
- Financial knowledge (P&L) to recommend initiatives that brings financial results and understanding the impact on the business and ROI.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.