JOB TITLE : RETAIL CLERK
GRADE : E
NO. OF POSITIONS : ONE (1)
RESPONSIBLE TO : ASSISTANT CONTROLLER
DEPARTMENT : POSTAL SERVICES – KHABO
Under the general supervision of Assistant Controller, the Retail Clerk displays retail products and services and coordinates postal transactions
KEY PERFORMANCE OUTPUTS
- Collected revenue
- Processed transactions
|1.0 TO COLLECT REVENUE|
- Sell Postal products and services to members of the public.
1.2Collects revenue on rentals of private bags and boxes, COD and other newly introduced retail services.
2.0 TO PROCESS AND BALANCE TRANSACTIONS
2.1 Issues ordinary and telegraphic money and postal orders as per requirement of each customer.
2.2 Cashes postal orders, as per requirement of each customer.
2.3 Records daily transactions into cash book reconciliation.
- Balances books of accounts for retail services.
- TO ACCEPT AND DELIVER MAIL ITEMS
3.1 Accepts incoming mail, registered items and parcels from customers.
- Delivers outgoing mail items at the counter to the customers.
- PERFORM MAIL CIRCULATION DUTIES
4.1 Performs circulation branch duties on rotational basis
- Balanced books of accounts
- Increased revenue collection
Diploma in Retail management, Sales and Marketing or management,
Plus 2 years’ experience in a postal environment.
- Computer appreciation
- Knowledge of accounting
- Ability to work under pressure
- Approachable and proactive
- Good customer care
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Personally motivated and able to interact
Application on relevant application forms duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and Copy of ID should be addressed to:
Human Resources Office
Department of Postal Services
P.O Box 413
2nd Floor Post Office Building
Deadline for submission of applications is on the 11th October, 2019.
NB. Applications forms can be found at Maseru Main Post Office.