§ Establish and maintain JAMINT donor database
§ Curate new funding opportunities and regularly update donor management team on funding opportunities requirements, to inform the BAM process
§ Develop and implement systems, and monitoring procedures to ensure proper process compliance on pre-awards, award, post-awards, and closeout of grants
- Consolidation and record keeping of JAM’s profile information and legal documents required for grants (registration in all countries, permits, Audit reports etc.) and ensure its accessibility to all relevant staff and teams.
- Proper and accurate consolidation of all proposals, budgets and reports for submission to donors, affiliates and other stakeholders as needed
§ Handle the day-to-day non-programmatic aspects of grants.
- Proper documentation of country operational plans and support writing of quality proposals and concept notes
- Set up and maintain JAM archiving system for reports, studies, context documents, assessment etc.
- Coordinate planning, implementation and dissemination of project findings and results (Baseline studies, assessments, end of project evaluations etc.)
- Support production of quality reports by transforming information produced in country offices.
- Support JAMINT in the design of advocacy and communication documents.
§ With Programs and Finance teams, monitor required reporting requirements on progress reports, performance reports, Financial Reports, Asset Inventory Report, and other reporting requirements
§ Regularly keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverable, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibility throughout the life of awarded grants
§ Maintain record of usernames and passwords on grant application systems, grant management software, UN partner portals and other relevant portals.
§ Provides regular reports on the work-in-progress to the donor management team
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Social Science, Project management, Development, Public Relations etc.)
§ At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience at national and international levels in administration and project management in the humanitarian or development organization
§ Background or proven experience in project management, financial management and budget monitoring. Familiar with grant management procedures and donor relations
- Proven experience with donor reporting and proposal writing
- Experience in preparing advocacy and communication documents.
§ Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, team player and pays great attention to detail
§ Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
§ Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good presentation, editing and publishing skills
- Knowledge and experience of the humanitarian environment in multiple African countries is an added advantage
- Portuguese speaking would be an added advantage
- Possess excellent skills in writing, written and oral English
- Ability to read, analyze, proof and edit documents
- Ability to interpret general grant information, government/donor regulations, different grant approaches
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and donor representatives.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft office suite, working knowledge on communication tools
· Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in Grant Management e.g. UN, EU, USAID
nterested candidates should send their CV applications to [email protected]
Position opened to South African and Non South Africans with valid work permit documents.
Disclaimer: Only short listed applicants will be contacted