Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centered HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions related to upcoming research implementation over the next 2 years in Maseru.
Position: Research Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision of the study site PI and the BCMCFL Maseru Matron the Research Nurse will:
- Be able to perform all the duties of the Research Nursing Assistant
- Be able to perform sputum induction procedures for children, adolescents and adults
- Work with team members to verify all samples collected are resulted
- Support all research data and specimen capture and flow, error correction in concert with the data management team, and communication with members of the laboratory and data management teams
- Respond to text based questions from participants with back up by a study physician
- Provide oversite to the research nursing assistant in specimen collection and documentation
- Assist with monitoring that study documents are completed and managed per protocol
- Be responsible for participant transport reimbursement
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Academic Requirements: Nursing with midwifery degree from a recognized University
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience caring for TB-HIV affected children and adults
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software applications
- Prior research experience in healthcare required, minimum 1 year
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Sesotho
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function with mature judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality and professional etiquette to study participant information.
- Must be a Team player.
- Experience in working with multi-discipline and multi-cultural team.
- Experience with working with donors and other partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 1 July 2022. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be done through email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.