Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Research Analyst x 4 – COE ( P14 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Research Analyst t o deliver an accurate, reliable testing service in the laboratory in support of product quality control, research or product development purposes. A analyst spends nearly 100% of their work time in the laboratory .
This role reports in to the Research Scientist.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- To conduct experiments/laboratory work.
- Executes experiments and chemical analyses based on a daily and weekly laboratory schedule as per established test procedures, work instructions and prescribed experimental conditions.
- To ensure the use of the correct equipment, materials, chemicals and consumables for the type of test according to work instructions without deviating.
- To record all experiment results, trials and investigations in the prescribed format on log sheets and in notebooks as well as flagging all unusual test results, deviations or unusual observations with the supervisor.
- To use the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) as stated in the laboratory procedures for each type of experiment or test.
- Ensure to store the PPE correctly in accordance with hygiene requirements and to preserve the condition of the PPE .
- To report defective PPE to the Laboratory Technician immediately and request replacement PPE – do not work with defective equipment.
- To dispose of waste according to the correct procedures in designated bins.
- Ensure adherence to predefined waste disposal standards.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science
- 6 months relevant experience
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.