Application Deadline: 12 June 2020.
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) Germany is offering a new scholarship. The scholarship is directed at journalists worldwide who are exposed to particular risks and challenges due to their work.
We invite a journalist from a war zone or crisis area to take some time out from their stressful environment and come to Berlin for six months, where they can rest and work on a new journalistic project.
Due to the current situation we suggest the following agenda:
The scholarship will run for six months, from autumn 2020 to spring 2021.
In case this will not be possible in autumn 2020 due to the corona pandemic and the associated travel restrictions, the start of the scholarship will be postponed.
- who urgently need some time out. This could be the case for example if they work in a war zone or crisis area, or if they recently reported on a particularly sensitive topic and are now being threatened or harassed.
- who need time to focus on a new journalistic project that they would work on during the scholarship period.
Participants should have a good command of English or German. You should also have adequate work experience as a journalist. In addition, you should have the firm intention to return to your country of origin after the six-month scholarship period.
- RSF pay your travel expenses, provide an apartment, pay a monthly grant of 1000 € and provide a pass for free public transport in Berlin for six months.
- As a participant, you will have the opportunity to take on a new journalistic challenge during your scholarship.
- You can also use the time to expand your professional network and to recover from stressful circumstances in your home country.
- You will have time to develop new ideas and enhance your journalistic skills.
- RSF also offer psychosocial support if needed. We will be glad to offer advice and guidance if you want to explore the political and cultural scene in Berlin.
+ During the scholarship you will develop an investigative research project of your own choosing
+ The project is to be of a journalistic nature (in pictures, sound or writing)
+ It can be developed in cooperation with an international medium, combined with a stay abroad
+ The goal is to publish the results of your project and if possible present them at a public event
For More Information: