IMPORTANT: If you’re interested in formally expressing interest in this position, please do so at
Tailor ( meettailor.com ) is a mobile, on-demand personal styling and shopping app. Tailor brings the customization of personal styling together with the best of shopping technology to give users a high-touch styling and shopping experience anytime and anywhere. We believe real, experienced stylists are the key to giving users the thoughtful and high-quality advice they deserve. We are looking to grow our team with amazing stylists that are excited to be a part of the future of fashion!
As a Tailor Virtual Stylist, you will consult with users online, leveraging your understanding of current trends along with user preferences and specifications. You will be a member of the Tailor Stylist team, at times collaborating with other stylists.
As a Freelance role, this opportunity involves flexible hours and a remote work arrangement. From the comfort of your own space and on your own schedule, work with clients across the country. You are compensated for your engagement with clients and the quality of those engagements. You can also receive commission when items you recommend to clients are then purchased through Tailor.
The perfect Tailor stylist:
- Loves fashion and wants to bring that love of fashion to others.
- Has direct, paid experience in personal styling, fashion merchandising and/or design.
- Demonstrates strong written/oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Is computer-savvy and generally comfortable with technology, and has access to a reliable laptop and strong internet connection.
- Is adaptable and excited to work on a fast-paced, evolving business.
- Has a positive attitude and looks forward to collaborating with other remote stylists.
What is required of remote stylists:
- You will provide thoughtful, high-quality responses to styling, shopping and general fashion questions from our diverse and growing user base.
- You will review all onboarding materials and resources once selected to join the Tailor team.
- You will set up all required tools on your laptop with the guidance of the Tailor team.
- You will set your own schedule and you will style no more than 35 hours/week.
- You will keep up to date on developments with the product and share questions, feedback and ideas with the other stylists and the Tailor team.