Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Relief Operators MgO3 x5 ( P17 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires Relief Operators to provide leave relief with production and process operation activities in order to ensure that production targets are met and overtime hours worked by employees is limited.
This role reports into the : MgO3 Shift Superintendent
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Operate process/equipments according to best operating practices
- Relieve operators whilst on leave, training or acting in higher positions
- Take over and hand over shift to ensure smooth running of plant operations
- Attend shift-based meetings within the section for discussion of incidents and targets set for the current shift
- Ensure accurate reporting by recording all incidents in the shift log book
- Report all breakdowns,faulty equipment to Chargehand Operator / Shift Superintendent
- Participate in shift activities such as 5 Why problem-solving and Root Cause Analysis
- Identify and take corrective actions in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Conduct regular Behaviour Based Safety observations (BBS)
- Comply with all relevant SHEQ requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 or N3 in Pulp & Paper
- At least 3 -6 months in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
Closing Date: 27 December 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.