Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Specialist (Paterson Grade C)
Reports to: Head of Compliance
JOB PURPOSE :
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Compliance, Regulatory Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the bank complies with all applicable laws, regulations, standards governing Financial Institutions and internal policies, processes to provide advice and guidance on regulatory matters
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops Compliance Risk Management Plans (CAMPS), Training relevant departments on CRMPs and update Regulatory Universe accordingly.
• Conducts compliance monitoring/assessments to identify areas of non-compliance and initiate solutions to address identified risks.
• Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly for as may be required from time to time) Compliance reports for the department for Executive Management (EXCO) Board of Directors and other EXCO sub-committees.
• Performs risk assessments and reviews to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Monitors changes in legislations and advises management of necessary compliance measures.
• Conducts training for the Bank staff on regulatory issues and new regulations.
• Assists with the preparation and filing of regulatory returns
• Develops and implements compliance program for the Bank’s compliance activities
• Liaises with the regulators, relevant external bodies to ensure the bank’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Keeps up to date with regulatory developments and advises management on the impact of new development/changes to legislation to the bank.
• Assists in the implementation of the new regulations that affect the Bank
• Identifies potential compliance risks and takes appropriate measures to mitigate them
• Evaluates new policies and processes as well as existing policies and processes making sure they are up-to-date, and they are in line with all relevant laws and regulations.
• Provides compliance advice to Business units within the Bank
• Responsible for ensuring the bank is compliant with applicable laws and regulations and provides advice and guidance on regulatory/compliance matters.
• Maintains the Compliance Monitoring Tracker for all non-compliance (Breaches) issues and track the actions until completion.
• Assists in the closure of audit finding
• Responsible for monitoring all changes to the laws, regulations, and internal policies to ensure the bank is always compliant,
• Responsible for identifying any areas of non-compliance and working with the relevant personnel to address any issues and ensure full compliance.
• Assists Head of Compliance with ad-hoc projects or tasks when requested
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• LLB degree.
• At least two (2 years) experience in compliance management preferably in Blanking industry/Financial institution
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the banking industry laws and regulations
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent problem solving
• Decision making
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (verbal and written
• Ability to work independently
• Strong understanding of banking regulations
• Customer focus
• Negotiation skills
• Team Player
How to Apply:
People and Culture Office
Mafike House, 1st Floor
The closing date for submission of applications is 24th November 2023
DISCLAIMER: ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.