Overall responsible for the correct planning, implementation and monitoring and management of the supply chain activities and sections (Order Processing, Procurement, Warehouse and Transport and Customs) at National/Regional level, in accordance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures to contribute to an efficient running of the National Projects/Regional missions supply chains and in accordance with the principles of Field Recentralisation. Southern Africa missions (Mozambique, Zimbabwe and South-Africa) have been chosen as first pilot and an innovative and transformational approach will be implemented in 2020 in the region.
Purpose of the post:
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth-running supply administration at Regional Supply Support Unit: Order Processing, Procurement, Warehousing (log and med), and Transport and Customs and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Defining objectives of the supply sections under his/her responsibility, according to the global supply strategy and making sure that objectives of the different departments are in line.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising the daily activities of the Order Processing Officer at the National/Regional support office and defines their level of priority. Implementing the adequate tools and procedures defined by the Regional SASSU Network Manager.
- Supervise the administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for the National and Regional office following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols.
- In collaboration with the SASSU Network Manager, evaluating the volume of support needed for each project based on daily interaction and assessing the performance of the given support and reporting the evolution or gaps. Ensuring good communication process and satisfactory levels with all the projects in the region regarding procurement, transport and customs.
- Promote project autonomy and where possible ensure a project-owned supply chain management.
- Responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the National and Regional level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities.
- Develop operational supply chain solutions adapted to the projects in the region in close collaboration with the supply projects and the supply team (if any) in the country support team.
- Responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
- Support the planning, of shipment of goods between the projects and/or from the National/Regional office to all the projects in the Region, choosing the best possible means of transport
- Responsible for international freight and its forwarding to the field done by the transport and custom officer
- Support the custom officer for all customs and administrative related issues and maintaining the database of customs guidelines, freight forwarders/clearing agents for all regional missions. Keeping up to date with all legislation and changes in customs law for the regional countries, ensuring that all transport sent is compliant with local procedures.
- Coaching and mentoring Order Processing Officer and Transport and custom officer, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role and in his absence encode all local and international purchase orders on the ERP systems (Unifield and Portal/Extranet)
- Responsible of maintaining communication with Regional customers, keeping them up to date concerning their International orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs.
- Collecting claims from the field, analyzing causes and making corrective actions.
- Assist the Network Manager (if any) and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required in accordance with the principles of Field Recentralisation
- With collaboration with the SASSU network manager analyze the new tendencies of the global supply chain solutions to renovate MSF supply chain practices in the region.
- Responsible of monthly required reporting, to keep updated and reliable information that will help the line manager in the decision-making
- Act as mobile deployable HR for the region in the case of gap cover/detachment, support visits.
- Perform any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
- Act as key support for the region giving trainings, advices and coordinate with supply referents in the region constant communication to prevent inconsistencies in the chain.
- Essential degree/national diploma with specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent work experience
- Essential experience of minimum 2 years in Supply chain management and in organization of supply administration and procedures.
- Essential MSF field experience of minimum 1 year in similar positions such as Supply Chain Officer or higher
- Essential previous experience in supply dynamics within the Southern Africa region (inside or outside MSF)
- English proficiency is mandatory; Portuguese is an advantage
- Expected starting date: Q3 2020
- Position based in South Africa
- Long term commitment, contract of 2 years (renewable)
- Contract under SA local legislation under a level 10 of IRFFG
- No family position
- Proximity with the projects and hence travel within the SnA region is required
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
- To agree with the philosophy and principles behind the Field Recentralisation programme of OCB
How to apply?
Application (CV + cover letter) to be sent before the 03/07/2020**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data.
Please follow link: