Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Regional Security Director, you will provide security and crisis leadership for the region that is informed by an understanding of the complex operating context to help the organisation deliver programmes, respond to changes quickly and systematically manage security risks to an acceptable level. The work involves contributing to the creation of an adaptive and resilient organisation that is prepared for, responds well to, and recovers quickly from adverse events using a ‘continuous improvement’ approach. A secondary purpose includes providing support and thought leadership as a member of the global team, including providing surge capacity and acting as Operations Director when needed. Importantly, this role is tasked with seeing the bigger picture, thinking collaboratively and taking action.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in subjects such as Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management or other management discipline. Comparable education and experiences will be taken into consideration.
- 5 years of work related experience in or extensive exposure to the professional security, resilience, business continuity, NGO or UN working at international level with international agencies, INGO’s, governments, military, law enforcement or private sector in a leadership role.
- Previous experience in or exposure to the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Sound knowledge of INGO security practices with experience in security risk assessments, security planning and crises management in the humanitarian context
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time and includes travel to high-risk locations with minimal notice.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online by the closing date 14 JUNE 2023.
*Position Location Countries in Africa and Europe where WV is a registered entity will be considered.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.