- To contribute to upholding Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of all people, particularly the most marginalized and vulnerable in humanitarian settings in IPPF’s Africa region, by building institutional capacities of Member Associations (MAs) across the regions to provide life-saving SRH services at the onset of humanitarian crises.
- To provide programmatic and strategic oversight to the humanitarian portfolio within/across the Africa region
- To collaborate closely with other colleagues across the IPPF Secretariat and Federation including other members of the global humanitarian team, technical team, strategic partnerships and programmes teams to ensure the sound design, development and delivery of humanitarian programmes in the Africa region
- To contribute to IPPF’s global and Africa regional profile through representation in relevant platforms and with key stakeholders to advance IPPF humanitarian priorities, needs and capacities
- Support MAs in leveraging timely, efficient and life-saving responses by advising, promoting, orienting, training and providing guidance on IPPF’s Emergency Activation System, the IPPF Emergency Response Fund (Stream 3), Global Surge Roster and relevant policies, procedures, standards, technical tools and systems.
- Develop the Africa regions’ overall capacity on crisis preparedness, response and recovery through remote and in-country support to MAs focused on scaling service delivery, developing strategic partnerships and engaging in advocacy initiatives.
- Provide programmatic and strategic support to MAs in the design, preparation, implementation and monitoring of humanitarian programmes.
- Foster and reinforce linkages between/among MAs (federation-wide) to enhance humanitarian responses, knowledge sharing and leveraging of resources.
- Facilitate resource mobilization in support of response efforts, including through assistance to MAs to access humanitarian pooled funds, the UNCERF and other relevant mechanisms for ongoing, new and/or emerging emergencies in the Africa region.
- Assist MAs to develop proposals, workplans, budgets and quality reports for humanitarian projects in line with IPPF and donor requirements.
- Represent IPPF at external regional humanitarian forums, conferences and working groups with the aim to showcase IPPF humanitarian programming, build strategic partnerships and identify funding opportunities.
- Actively participate as a member of the Global Humanitarian Team, to ensure alignment with global strategic initiatives, advocacy priorities and technical approaches related to humanitarian.
- Act as the focal point for all activities related to IPPF humanitarian response in the Africa region, when engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with other Africa regional colleagues, departments and units as appropriate for the implementation of the above tasks.
- Build and maintain positive working relations with all members of staff and contacts both within and outside the Federation, and work in close collaboration with other team members to ensure integrated execution of quality and timely humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery activities.
- Stimulate a learning environment within the regional offices and among MAs, in collaboration with colleagues from the global humanitarian team and other departments to contribute to learning on humanitarian issues.
- Safeguarding:Oversight/provision of incident co-ordination resulting from concerns raised within MAs or by clients of MAs on IPPF’s Safe Report, when required. Escalate issues relating to MA financial transparency and accountability as set out in the risk assurance framework. Support and enable a safe environment, adhering to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
- Advanced project management, financial management, analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to think creatively and suggest alternatives.
- Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Advanced computing skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French. Candidates who are not fluent in both English and French will not be considered.
- Advanced experience in the design and management of humanitarian programmes, with considerable field experience in the Africa region.
- Thorough technical knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights in humanitarian contexts.
- Established connections to relevant SRH/humanitarian stakeholders and networks, particularly in the Africa region.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Postgraduate/ professional qualification in social science, public health, international development or any other relevant discipline.
- Willingness to travel extensively and at short notice, up to 30% of the time overall, including to crisis-affected contexts.
- Supportive of a woman’s right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services
How to apply
Interested individuals should submit a resume and a 1-page cover letter to: [email protected] with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 3 November 2023.
IPPF is an equal-opportunity employer. As a leading global human rights organization focused on equality, empowerment, ending discrimination, and poverty eradication, we internally reflect social justice principles. We, as IPPF, strongly oppose racism in all its forms and resolutely go for a cultural change that will shift the existing imbalances in power and process.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, persons living with disability, and candidates openly living with HIV.
IPPF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers, contractors and partners to share this commitment. Anyone employed with IPPF agrees to sign and adhere to IPPF’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Policy.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).