World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional Disaster Management Coordinator, you provide support to National Offices (NOs) to assist, in emergency preparedness planning, response management, humanitarian preparedness and response capacity assessments. You will ensure compliance to both internal and international standards, facilitate humanitarian learning across the region, and coordinate the region’s humanitarian knowledge management.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in international development or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years coordination experience in emergency response programming or livelihoods/food security/DME/Resource acquisition.
- Significant knowledge of geopolitics and conflict issues, especially as it relates to humanitarian action.
- Strong experience in project design and proposal writing (at least three years of experience).
- Proven ability to produce high-quality and compelling written materials for policy and public audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charters, laws, standards principals, and ability to mainstream leading cross-cutting themes.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 07 AUG 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.