Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Lesotho (BCMCF-L) invites applications from suitable candidates for the following positions. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to BCMCF-L Maseru, on or before Wednesday the 18thSeptember 2019 at 5 pm.
Post: Records Assistants
Based at supported health facilities in ButhaButhe and Mokhotlong
Working closely with the District Data Manager and the health centre’s health care providers, the Records Assistants will handle the filing and maintenance of the patient medical records/charts of the HIV program at the health centre where they are placed.
Specific duties include:
- Maintain a filing system of the Health Centre’s Chronic Care/ART patient cards and/or other documents related to the HIV program.
- On a daily basis pull out and re-file Chronic Care/ART patient cards of patients scheduled to come for services on the day.
- Insert all relevant documents and forms in the Chronic Care/ART patient cards in accordance with the health facility’s requirements.
- Working in collaboration with the health facility clinician(s), update the HIV program registers ensuring completeness of the required information.
- Working in collaboration with the health facility data clerk, support the health facility to accurately compile its monthly reports
- Submit monthly (or as required) the health facility’s performance reports.
- Coordinate health facility quarterly data reviews
- Conduct quarterly data verification of all the reported data
- Pull out charts as needed for special reviews.
- Review of records and registers when needed.
- Ensure safe storage and strict confidentiality of all patients’ records/data at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Statistics / demography or any other relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience, training in keeping medical records is an added advantage
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word Office required