At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
_Role summary: The_ _Receptionist_ will provide efficient frontline support as well as support on Facilities and Procurement related tasks.
Provide professional frontline support, ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders are assisted and attended to
+ Ensuring all stakeholders sign the register in line with Health & Safety requirements
+ Administrate the parcel and mail collection process, including the associated register
+ Acknowledge receipt of mail and parcels and ensure prompt circulation
+ Telephone lists to be reviewed and updated at regular intervals
+ Notify company personnel of visitor/s arrival and ensure recordal of their details within the visitors register
+ Venue/meeting room booking and management
+ General administration as and when required
+ Take ownership of the receptionist function by reviewing procedures, and implementing best practice where required for continuous improvement
+ Will be required at times (ad-hoc) work on Saturdays and some evenings based on company events (overtime pay applicable)
+ Support to the Regional Facilities Lead as and when required on the following;
+ Interact with cleaning staff to ensure clean and hygienic facilities
+ Other Facilities responsibilities when then need arises
+ Ensure that security and risk mitigation guidelines are enforced e.g. access control
+ Assist with the sourcing of quotes and loading on the P2P system.
+ Assist with campus facilities related budget and spend.
+ Follow up with vendors should documents be outstanding.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical knowledge of basic administrative
- Act in a proactive and solution focused manner to solve challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of all frontline duties and
the use of the associated technology.
- Ability to act in an assertive manner, security and safety conscious.
- Always learning: Welcomes new ways of doing things. Acts on feedback to assess strengths and weaknesses.
- Courageous: Asserts opinions on issues. Is willing to make decisions even when there is ambiguity or uncertainty. Recognizes conflict and names the issues.
- Ethical: Is guided by a clear moral compass to act with integrity and fairness; treats people honestly and with compassion regardless of level, personality or background. Identifies and escalates ethical issues. Follows through on commitments.
Leading the business
- Customer focused: Identifies and responds to customer requirements, expectations and needs. Encourages feedback from customers to continually improve products and services in line with the brand. Aims to exceed customer expectations.
- Innovative: Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems. Finds ways to extend and apply innovative ideas to enhance business results.
- Develop: Offers others support and help, and willingly shares own knowledge and expertise. Owns their development and encourages a two way process with whom they report to. Offers helpful suggestions to support others’ development.
- Inspirational: Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for other’s performance. Is flexible across a wide range of situations. Demonstrates energy and a sense of ownership and commitment to the organization.
- Relationship-builder: Actively collaborates with others, within and across groups around the world. Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them. Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
- Makes it happen: Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action. Works hard to achieve goals that support strategic priorities.
Qualification: Matric. Office management qualification preferred
Experience: 3-5 years related work experience
Proficient in Microsoft and preferably on Google suite
Clear criminal record
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan; preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
**Primary Location: ** ZA-ZA-Port Elizabeth
**Work Locations: ** ZA-Port Elizabeth-1 Ascot 1 Port Elizabeth 6065
**Job: ** Office Support
**Organization: ** Growth
**Employee Status: ** Regular Employee
**Job Type: ** Standard
**Shift: ** Day Job
**Job Posting: ** May 5, 2019
**Job Unposting: ** May 10, 2019
**Schedule: ** Full-time Regular
**Req ID: ** 1906022
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.