The incumbent will be responsible for manning the front-desk of CRS, receiving, and directing all calls from outside CRS to responsible staff. The incumbent will also be responsible for petty disbursements and counting as well as providing secretarial duties to the Country Representative.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Receiving and directing incoming/outgoing phone calls so that communication is enhanced, and the image of organization is upheld
- Taking accurate telephone and visitor messages so that work processes are enhanced
- Regularly updating the internal extension list and distributing to all staff to ensure effective communication internally
- Tracking staff movements for message purposes so that the teams operate effectively
- Greeting visitors at main reception in keeping with the requisite tact and diplomacy and in keeping with local traditions and customs and thus enhance the image of the organization
- Assisting the Administration staff in maintaining current filing systems and contributing to improving such systems. This ensures easy retrieval of information when required.
- Providing back-up support to staff as needed and assisting with office situations by answering, routing, and screening calls.
- Supporting operational effectiveness by sending, retrieving, and distributing fax transmittals and printing electronic documents as requested
- Organizing, Co-coordinating, and facilitating arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops in a manner that reduces disruptions of work
- Assisting in collating information and preparing presentation kits for such meetings
- Ensuring that meeting rooms are suitably set up for meetings and are always kept in a clean condition for the next meeting
- Managing the receipt of, recording, and routing incoming and outgoing correspondence for the office, including pouches, faxes, letters, and packages in accordance with office procedures
- Requesting and disbursing petty cash to staff in accordance with finance regulations and keeping records thereof.
- Provide Secretarial services to the Country Representative, especially filling.
- Ensure the switchboard is always functional and report any malfunctioning to the immediate superior timeously
- Post High School certificate or diploma from secretarial school or courses in Administration preferred, computer proficiency a must.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years’ experience as receptionist or personal assistant supporting administration processes and activities ideally with an international NGO
- Experience in operating a PABX system
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications.
Required Languages – English and Sesotho fluency required,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well-organized, good time management skills with ability to work on and manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 23rd SEPTEMBER 2020 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: RECEPTIONIST CRS LS. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer