- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in diversity, equity and inclusion program management, specifically work tied to racial identity.
- Experience designing process and logistics for programs and events/projects.
- Experience in collecting and interpreting data related to human and organizational systems; identifying dependencies, anticipating and mitigating predictable setbacks.
- Track record of successful race-based interventions.
- Excellent influencing skills, such as the ability to use data to support an argument and influence outcomes.
- Track record of successful goals/vision alignment, effectively facilitating groups through decision-making and conflict.
- Experience with developing meaningful learning experiences for large, diverse audiences.
People Operations strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Google has revolutionized search. We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Googlers. You’ll be an advocate of Google’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether coaching our clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our Googlers, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Googlers understand how people decisions get made.
As a Racial Equity, Program Manager (PgM), you will lead complex, multidisciplinary projects, defining requirements, managing project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects will span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
At Google we believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is core to our future success. We believe that creating a work environment where everyone brings their best selves to work fosters innovation and problem-solving. As a PgM you will be responsible for working cross functionally to support our Racial equity efforts across EMEA, and ensure alignment with global plans. In this role, you will work closely with Diversity Business Partners, our Community Inclusion team, EMEA leaders, HR, and Legal.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Lead the program management and oversight of a racial equity working group comprised of leaders across the region.
- Support and coach leaders towards advancing their knowledge on racial equity.
- Align closely with the global racial equity program office, understanding implications of global work on the EMEA region and advocating for EMEA to be included where possible in central planning.
- Working with People Development to drive the implementation of racial equity learning and development curriculum.
- Project management and scaling of race specific interventions such as sponsorship programs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.