( Based at FLSMIDTH emalahleni )
Our differences make us unique and stronger. Every day, you will work with colleagues from different cultures. You will be challenged to see things in a new way and you will experience why differences are a strength. We actively support diversity and inclusion. And we work for equality, ensuring we all have an equal opportunity to make the most of our talents.
You will be part of the Sub-Saharan Africa and Middle East Region based in our Manufacturing facility in eMalahleni. By joining this team, you will have the chance to work in an international environment involving different cultures and different challenges.
Role Purpose :
The ideal candidate must ensure that the quality control processes is managed and applied to conform to the overall quality vision and strategy of the business. The candidate will ensure adequate quality surveillance/inspection & control of manufacturing processes in the workshops and products supplied by external parties. This is to ensure that the company quality standards are met and maintained at all times.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform quality control inspections using dimensional and visual inspection techniques (receiving, in process and final) on all products manufactured.
- Standby requirement periodically for breakdown and after hour work.
- Fabrication, welding and mechanical part quality control.
- On-the-job mentorship of workshop personnel on quality requirements specific to the environment and job.
- Involvement with certification of welders to required welding codes and procedures.
- Involvement with development of welding procedures.
- Monitoring of quality control processes in the workshop to ensure adherence.
- Formulation of quality control/assurance documents such as QCP’s, Dimensional Report templates, SOP’s etc.
- Continuously monitor manufacturing progress in the workshops and ensure that pro-active quality control is maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
- Provide prompt and effective quality assurance assistance/service to all internal departments.
- Maintain and coordinate the calibration of all measurement/inspection equipment used for quality control.
- Prepare/formulate inspection reports.
- NCR reporting and communication there-off.
- Record, investigate and drive action on all rectification actions on internal NCR reported issues as per the Quality system requirements.
- Condition assessment of failed and/ refurbishment job sub-assemblies/equipment. Formulation of assessment reports including recommendations.
- Review of externally supplied manufacturing documents for verification against required manufacturing specifications.
- Comprehensive quality release of complete machines, sub-assemblies and other equipment.
- Data book formulation, compilation and record keeping.
- Management of product/equipment quality documentation & traceability.
- Performing of Level II UT and MPI on products/equipment as a minimum.
- Vibration monitoring & data collection of operating machinery.
- Investigate and address customer complaints regarding quality. Prepare, distribute and communicate the results of assessments or analysis to all parties involved.
- Make appropriate conclusions that are supported by the evidence and analysis of factual reports.
- Technical certificate – Welding Inspector Level II
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in QC.
- Experience in internal compliance audits.
- Relevant Quality Control / Compliance qualifications.
- Experience in an engineering manufacturing & workshop/fabrication environment.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- Electrical knowledge or qualification would be beneficial.
- Advanced dimensional and visual quality inspection skills.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Advanced drawing interpretation & technical proficiency.
- Advanced knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing/workshop processes.
- Knowledge of corrective and preventative actions.
- Focused to drive improvement and optimization.
- Coping well with high pressure working environment.
- Attention to detail and driven.
- Working with people and as part of a team.
- Planning and organizing.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
Closing date for applications is 22nd January 202 1
All internal applications are to be done via Workday.
External applicants can apply via LinkedIn or the FLSmidth Careers page.
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers