LRCS is currently engaged in the Covid 19 pandemic as a result the suitable candidates are urged to apply for temporary engagement for the below positions:
2. Psychosocial Support x 1
Expected duration of Assignment: 4 months
• Conduct awareness raising and promotion of mental health and psychosocial well-being of community mobilizers and project team
• Support conduct of training need assessment and training to community mobilizers and project team on psychological first aid and other relevant topics
• Psychosocial support for community:
• Work with WASH team , to include PSEA and Gender on comprehensive Covid-19 outbreak response activities
• Refer persons in need of individual, group of family counselling, and/or for basic psychosocial therapy (when needed)
• Coordinate GBV and PSEA to support the victims for referral and other needs
• A relevant university degree or diploma in social science with PSS field; ideally with relevant experience in providing psychosocial support program and basic counselling.
• An active listener, flexible and with empathetic attitude
• A good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to conduct travels extensively in the project areas
• Good report writing skills for donor funded projects.
• Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
Closing Date for all applications is Friday July 24th, 2020, 12h00. Interested candidates should NOT hand deliver but send their applications in an attachment format to [email protected] or [email protected] , covering letter and curriculum vitae written in size 12 fond and not more than 4 pages long, and no copy of certificates for now addressed to the Human Resources and Admin Manager, Lesotho Red Cross Society, Red Cross House, Private Bag A 205, Maseru 100.
TAKE NOTE THAT THIS IS FOR INTERNAL AND LRCS VOLUNTEERS ARE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF THEIR MEMBERSHIP FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR.