Join a diverse and inclusive work culture
Our differences make us unique and stronger. Every day, you will work with colleagues from different cultures. You will be challenged to see things in a new way and you will experience why differences are a strength. We actively support diversity and inclusion. And we work for equality, ensuring we all have an equal opportunity to make the most of our talents.
You will be part of the Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East & South Asia Region Mining, Proposals Team who are dedicated to implementing sustainable solutions for our customers. By joining this team, you will have the chance to work in a multinational organization and in an environment involving different cultures and different challenges.
Purpose of the role
To ensure that the proposals administration activities are efficiently executed and controlled, to promote order intake, sound business relationships, and a healthy product market within the company. To continuously assist in improving Proposals efficiency, and to contribute strongly to the overall company result, culture, and development.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- This role will entail handling a Key Account for the Foreign / Offshore Team
- Close liaison with the external Site Sales team and Key Account Managers to support achievement of the Order Intake sales budget and margin expectancy.
- Ensure that enquiries are registered and distributed to applicable departments timeously, and to prepare accurate tender documents and pricing in line with company guidelines for presentation within tender closing dates.
- Submission of Reports relating to the Key Account.
- Create and maintain excellent customer relationships through prompt response to customer’s needs.
- Maintain and develop good supplier relationships that enhance the company’s ability to obtain competitive prices.
- Communicates with and influences peers across the teams.
- Ensure complete and accurate order hand-overs to the order handling department by participating in hand-over meetings with all departments concerned and prepare the initial contract file for delivery to the order handling department.
- Ensuring policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed.
What you bring
- Matric, or a relevant engineering or business-related qualification
- At least 3 years of relevant experience or Experience in a technical and / or sales environment.
- Knowledge of the FLSmidth products and technical solutions -.
- Computer experience using standard MS Office suite of programs is required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to work with customers, and other personnel on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a team or individually on multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a fast-paced, changing environment while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Good organization, multitasking and time management skills
What we offer
As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
Closing date for applications is 01 July 2021.
FLSmidth promotes diversity in the workplace and preference will be given to applicants from designated groups.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, qualification verification and employment verification).
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers