Projects Supervisor in the Strategy, Planning & Projects Division
ESPPD: PPD 0188 DATE: 23/03/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Lesotho Nationals for the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will report to the Section Engineer Projects. The position is tenable in Maseru, Planning & Projects Department.
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Project Management.
• A BSc Engineering/Project Management/ BTech Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage
EXPERIENCE, PROGRESSION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management or electrical construction works.
• Computer Literacy is essential.
• Report writing skill is a critical requirement.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project MS Excel is critical.
• Knowledge of safety rules and construction standards will be an added advantage.
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
• Methodical and disciplined approach to work.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties:
• Preparing tender documents for electrification, system improvements, refurbishments and network expansion projects.
• Preparing contracts documents for all the projects and facilitating for their signing.
• Processing requests in e-workflow for resources needed for effective functioning of the section.
• Arranging and attending project site meetings.
• Validating As-Built drawings.
• Providing commissioning data of all connected customers to Metering for commissioning and forwarding the relevant information to customer services.
• Validating all contractors’ invoices for projects progress payments.
• Managing projects in accordance with set contract requirements.
• Constantly updating progress on projects, both physical and financial.
• Preparing internal payment certification documents for projects progress payments.
• Facilitating filing and archiving of all projects.
Interested candidates must submit their applications, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the position the candidate is applying for and hand deliver to the Registry, LEC Head Office on or before 02-04-2020 at 12:30 hrs. Reference should be made to ESPP: PPD 0188 on all applications.