Project: UNFPA Project
Location: National Office, Maseru
Duration: 4 months
Purpose of Position
The project initiatives will contribute towards reduction of gender based violence including child marriage and sexual exploitation and abuse in Quthing district as an area where prevalence of GBV and violence against children seem to be high due to various reasons such as drought, COVID 19 and other negative cultural norms and poor implementation of child protection laws and policies.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Law, community development or related field.
- Must be computer literate with analytical and database management skills
- Knowledgeable on child/human rights in general, Child Protection, Advocacy, gender based violence and child participation.
Additional work experience preferred for this position
- Working with children in a humanitarian organization
- Knowledgeable on child protection and advocacy related approaches and models
- Public speaking skills and community development competencies
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Perform other duties as required by the Supervisor
- Attend in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services
COMPENSATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following email Only and must be in PDF format: [email protected]
Please label subject of the email : Project Volunteer –UNFPA
Closing date: 1st September, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries, and does not engage people whose background is not suitable for working with children and adults. All engagement is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT.