Wood is currently recruiting for a Master Rigger with experience in the Mining and Minerals industry on an 6 month contract basis in Umkomaas, KwaZulu Natal.
- Oversee, supervise and mentor sub-contractors to enusre that they effectiveky manage/supervise their rigging crews to ensure Legislative and HSE compliance requirements at al times.
- Identify and recommend training and interventions required to ensure that sub-contractors comply to rigging standards and procedures at all times.
- Identify rigging non-compliances and ensure that the sub-contractor takes the necessary actions to correct these.
- Inspect all work on a continuous basis to ensure proper safety and standards are maintained and met at all times.
- Work with the sub – contractors to resolve problems and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure that the sub – contractors rigging is executed safely and timeously.
- Liaising with other construction disciplines, as required.
- Ensure that the sub – contractors risk assessments are in place.
- Identify risks and ensure that the sub contractors take action to mitigatre such risk in a safe and timeous manner.
- Identify training requirements and ensure that such training is organised and implemented by the sub – contractor timeously.
- Identify required interventiions and ensure that such interventiins are implemented by the sub – contractor.
- Audit the sub – contractors rigging capability and make recommendatiins.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Qualified Rigger with minimum 5 years rigging experience on a construction site
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.