Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer the Project Monitoring and Compliance (M&C) Officer will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision. The M&C Ofcer will be responsible for designing and implementing the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) activities of the Ramarothole Project. She/he will help CEO in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor its implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Monitoring and Compliance Ofcer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output
• Interacting with LEWA on generation and compliance issues.
• Providing strategic direction to the management team on compliance
• Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
• Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
• Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the CEO
• Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
• Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project staf
• Provides audit information to management by researching and analyzing data and preparing reports.
• Prepares compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
• Ensures compliance to established contracts and legal frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competencies:
The incumbent must possess Masters Degree in Economics / Project Management or MBA plus at least fve (5) years experience in project monitoring/management.
Degree in Economics or Project Management plus at-least ten (10) years experience in Project Monitoring/ Management.
Term of contract
A three (3) year fixed term contract
Applications with certified copies of educational certificates and CVs should be hand delivered to: Human Resources Office, Ministry of Energy and Meteorology 80 Constitution Road, Government Complex Maseru. Or LEGCO offices located at House No.251 Honeymoon Park, Maseru West.
Closing Date: 30th July 2021