Positive Planet International seeks to engage a Project Manager for an ‘access to energy and economic development’ project in Lesotho.
Positive Planet International (PPI)
PPI is a non-profit organisation created in 1998 with a mandate to alleviate poverty through access to financial services and inclusive markets. Its headquarters are in France, and its activities are carried out in more than 40 countries managed by local branches. PPI’s Southern and East Africa Regional office is based in Johannesburg, South Africa, managing projects in many countries in the region including Lesotho.
Overall objective: The project seeks to contribute to the socio-economic development of rural households in Lesotho through access to energy efficient and renewable energy (EERE) services and technologies.The main mechanism for achieving this is to establish a sustainable social enterprise that will distribute the EERE technology to rural populations to meet their needs.
Specific objective: For at least one household energy need to be met within 5,000 rural households through the distribution of EERE technology solutions on a sustainable basis by Rural Self-help Development Agency (RSDA).
Partner: RSDA, a well-established NGO, works to empower rural Basotho communities to develop their self-initiative, self-determination and self-responsibility.
Funder: European Union
The Project Manager, will be based in Maseru and report to the Project Director in Johannesburg. The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project activities and attainment of the Project objectives. He/she will provide oversight to the project team and will be responsible for coordination with the project partner (RSDA) and other stakeholders and service providers.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the activities as per the Proposal, Logical Framework, Budget and Contract
- Providing leadership to achieve the objectives, outcomes and outputs of the Project
- Playing a coordinating role and ensuring an effective partnership with RSDA and other stakeholders
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the business plan of RSDA social enterprise in collaboration with RSDA and partners
- Playing an advisory role with RSDA to ensure knowledge transfer on the business model, EERE technology and all aspects of promoting the sustainability of the social enterprise
Skills and experience
- Project management experience: results oriented person, able to deliver within allocated time and resources.
- Sales and operations: proven ability to understand company’s core values and objectives and to translate them into practice, able to motivate team and execute activities as needed to achieve targets.
- Good communication: demonstrated ability to communicate with different audiences and explain clearly tasks and targets.
- Teamwork: good interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain good relationships with partners and team members. Ability to plan and coordinate different team members; to motivate, reward and review performance of team members in line with RSDA social enterprise objectives and work plans.
- Organizing and planning: strong organizational skills, ability to design and implement a strategic business plan to expand RSDA outreach and ensure its strong presence in Lesotho.
- Problem solving: positive attitude, flexibility and adaptability in finding solutions, committed to continuous learning.
- Background in FMCG/Services/Retail/Mobile money type of companies who operate in Africa is preferred.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Fluency in Sesotho preferable (spoken).
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Pack Office.
- Ability to work in a team but also comfortable working autonomously and independently with minimum supervision.
Localisation: Maseru, Lesotho (in the premises of RSDA) with missions in Johannesburg
Duration: 12 months
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and in line with PPI salary grid
Documents to be sent: CV and Cover Letter
Deadline for application: 04/10/2019
Send your application in English to [email protected]