Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a Project Manager – Agricultural Livelihoods in Maseru, Lesotho: Full job description and employment application form can be obtained by request from [email protected] with subject line: JD Request – PM AGRIC CRS LS
As Project Manager Agricultural Livelihoods, you will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the promoting green value chains for COVID-19 recovery in agricultural livelihoods project objectives advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your project management skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- You will lead technical, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities through most of the project cycle – start-up, implementation and close-out – in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL Policy. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to promoting green value chains for COVID-19 recovery applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Represent the organization with donors, INGO working groups, UN, relevant local partners and relevant local government and community actors for agricultural livelihoods.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with partners on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations or in the field of agricultural livelihoods would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of agricultural livelihoods and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 31st May 2021 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: PM AGRIC CRS LS. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.