VACANCY – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
ENERGY RESEARCH CENTRE
POST NO: 2501
The Energy Research Centre (ERC) of the National University of Lesotho currently hosted by the Department of Physics & Electronics, under the Faculty of Science and Technology, seeks to appoint a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be engaged to effectively manage the existing and new ERC projects from inception to completion, work with top experts and facilitate the extensive international collaboration network that the ERC has managed to establish, act as a key player in our team when preparing project proposals and contribute to shaping the future of sustainable energy solutions.
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following key tasks:
- Oversee and coordinate projects, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to budget constraints by following up on activities, reporting, quality assurance, etc.
- Seek funding opportunities (grants, consultancies, etc.), analyse project requirements and write winning proposals
- Foster collaboration among cross-functional teams, promoting a culture of innovation and excellence
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships (including industry partners, government bodies, etc.) and increase internationalization networks and mobility with other research institutions
- Communications (updates on website, blog, Facebook, photos, brochures, etc.)
The candidate should have the following qualifications, experience and accomplishments:
- A Master of Science in Sustainable Energy, with a distinction
- Some exposure to project management and coordination, preferably in the energy or research sector
- Some experience in fund raising for projects (teaching, research, consultancies, etc.) and writing of project proposals
- Proficiency in project management tools and software
The candidate should have the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a team or independently for individual assignments
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds across different physical locations
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Pro-active/go-getter personality, self-driven and self-motivated
- Self-assured and assertive
- Ability to negotiate, motivate and guide teams
- Offer effective contributions in formal settings
- Passionate and enthusiastic about sustainable energy matters
- High intuitive and analytical capabilities, with ability to effectively connect the dots
The University offers competitive salary and other benefits package commensurate with qualifications.
This will be accompanied by a collaborative and innovative work environment, together with opportunities for development and growth.
Three Years Contract for Locals, and Two Years Contract for Non-Locals with a possibility of renewal.
Information Required from Candidates:
a) Signed application letters stating relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position;
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts;
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees;
e) Certified copy of an Identity Document (ID).
All applications should be e-mailed to [email protected] and addressed to:
Director Human Resources
National University of Lesotho
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 29th February, 2024.
NB. ALL THE ATTACHMENTS (APPLICATION LETTER, CV, CERTIFICATES & ID) SHOULD BE COMBINED AND EMAILED AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.