Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Project Lead Nurse * 7
Based in the following districts:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Lead Nurse will lead the district-based team to ensure efficient service provision of all the services provided. The Project
Nurse is responsible for district performance and to ensure project targets are met. The Project Lead Nurse reports directly to the Project Coordinator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides HTS services to adolescents and young people through the mobile clinic;
• Ensures screening for TB and referrals of presumptive cases to health facilities for investigations and further management;
• Ensures screening of Adolescent and Young People (AYP) for STIs and treatment for those who have infections;
• Initiate quality improvement initiatives to ensure that AYP HIV care meets ministry guidelines;
• Ensure same day ART initiation to AYP in accordance with 2019 Addendum to the National Guidelines on use of ART for
HIV Prevention and Treatment;
• Link and follow up all clients for further management and continuum of care;
• Assist in scaling up SRH services to adolescent patients at the community;
• Screen Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) for cervical cancer;
• Provides PrEP for AYP at community level and ensures linkage to care at the health facility of choice;
• Provides ART refills for AYP at identified village health posts;
• Provide post gender-based violence (GBV) care and refer survivors for further management;
• Maintains proper record keeping of all activities
• Ensures timely submission of reports to the project coordinator;
• Performs any other duty that may be assigned by administration from time to time.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• Diploma in General Nursing plus 6 years’ experience or Degree in General Nursing plus 3 years’ experience
• Current registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council as a Nurse Midwife
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment
• Experience working with adolescent and young people will be an added advantage
• Prior experience leading the team
• Good report writing, training and computer skills
• Willingness to adapt to the changing demands of the position
• Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet targets
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council or Lesotho Nursing Council where applicable, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.