3 Project Coordinators (ECHO DRR III Project)
Report to: ECHO Project Manager
1 Project Coordinator – Mokhotlong
1 Project Coordinator – Thaba Tseka
1 Project Coordinator – Leribe
Duration: Fixed contract: 2 years
Purpose of the Position:
To support and ensure effective implementation of the project activities towards achieving required outputs.
• Strengthen the capacity and technical project management in operations of the Project Assistants
• Facilitate participation of all stakeholders in identifying potentials and applying them to achieve goals, build networks for extensive support and skills acquisition for communities’ youth and children
• Oversee and ensure the quality preparation of required project reports (quarterly, mid-term and final) or any other required report to the Support Office/ Donor
• Ensure knowledge building and sharing, and performance management in the area of planning and project management
• Supervision of Project Field staff and project resources
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A bachelor’s degree in project management, rural development, disaster management and / or related disciplines.
• 3-4 years of experience in program management and implementation of multispectral projects (DRR project work related experience is an added advantage)
• Knowledge of Disaster Management and competence in disaster surveillance.
• Solid experience in programming of disaster preparedness programs and humanitarian guidelines
• A good experience with the Grants of donors.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data
• Communication and networking skills
• Report writing skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Communicate both technical input and child well-being issues clearly and simply
• Strong facilitation skills
• Use of appreciative inquiry, listening and analytical skills
• Analytics and research skills as applied to M&E
• Statistical skills such as sampling, descriptive and inferential statistics, confidence levels (Software and computation skills)
• Project management tools and their use
• In depth knowledge of programme design processes and products
• Use of logic to identify key information from a body of information.
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
• Must have good Human Resource skills – including coaching and mentoring, motivational, identifying training needs on programming related needs.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Office-based with travel to the field
Travel: domestic travel.
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following link Only: [Email hidden. Click Apply to start your application.]
Closing date 13th June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.