The Ministry of Health has received support from Center for Disease Control (CDC) under the project title “Strengthening Ministry of Health’s Capacity (MOH-Cap) for HIV Diagnosis, Treatment and Monitoring in the Kingdom of Lesotho”. The Ministry is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Project Coordinator.
POSITION: Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Maseru, Ministry of Health
REPORT TO: Principal Investigator
Manage and Coordinate the Cooperative Agreement implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define project task and resources requirement
- Develop full scale project plans
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project
- Help prepare and manage project budget
- Analyse risks and opportunities
- Manage project resources allocation
- Oversee project procurement management
- Plan and reschedule project timeline
- Coordinate and manage the subcontracts agreements between the Ministry of Health and Riders for health and DHL
- Present review reports on project progress, problems and solutions on monthly basis
- Coordinate MOH CDC supported activities
- Assemble and coordinate project staff and MOH staff responsible for CDC supported programs
- Provide support to project team implementing the project
- Regularly report progress and timely provision on information on activities to Principal Investigator (PI) and to all stakeholders
- Assist Principal Investigator (PI) in following up with Procurement and Grant Office (PGO) in Atlanta, USA and CDC Lesotho on the project progress and matters requiring close attention
Masters in Project Management or Masters in Business Administration or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in projects. Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) will be an added advantage.
- Management knowledge of US Federal Grants
- Experience of administering budgets
- A sound understanding of strategic planning
- Good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Having excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all relevant people at all levels is an advantage. This includes language proficiency in English
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
Duration and Remuneration:
This position is for (1) year period and it is renewable based on performance and availability of funding.
The salary for this position is market related, but will also be commensurate with requisite qualifications and experience.
Written applications, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates should be hand delivered to: Ministry of Health Headquarters, Ground Floor, Corner Constitution and Linare Road, to the attention of: Procurement Manager, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Ground Floor, Corner Constitution and Linare Road, P.O. Box 514, Maseru. 100. For more information Contact number: (+266) 63051276 or Email: [email protected], cc; [email protected].
Closing Date for the applications is Friday the 25th June, 2021 at 12:00 noon
ONLY HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED.