5 Project Assistants (ECHO DRR III Project)
Report to: ECHO Project Coordinators
1 Project Assistant – Mokhotlong
2 Project Assistants – Thaba Tseka
2 Project Assistants – Leribe
Duration: Fixed contract: 1 year, 6 months
Purpose of the Position:
To ensure effective implementation of the project activities at community level.
• Strengthen the capacity building of communities in DRR elements
• Facilitate participation of all stakeholders in identifying potentials and applying them to achieve goals, build networks for extensive support and skills acquisition for communities’ youth and children
• Support quality preparation of required project reports (quarterly, mid-term and final) or any other required report) to the Support Office/ donor
• Ensure knowledge building and sharing of humanitarian accountability mechanisms and advocacy principles
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• A Diploma in community development, Disaster Management and / or related disciplines.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience in disaster management and community mobilization
• Knowledge of Disaster Management and competence in disaster risk reduction activities.
• Direct project management experience with EU programming is preferred.
• A solid experience in programming of disaster preparedness programs and humanitarian guidelines
• A very good experience with the Grants of donors.
• Use of computer or other automated equipment and up to date software programs; use of internet and related technology
• Knowledge of council and district, DDMT, VDMT structures and activities
• Knowledge of SRSP and NISSA operations
• Ability to operate as part of a team critical
• Effective communication and public presentation methods and skills
• Maintain standards of confidentiality and a strong commitment to ethical practice
• Demonstration of safe works practices and exhibits understanding of emergency response techniques appropriate to positon
• Maintains positive work relationships in a respectful and collaborative manner
• Actively works toward organizational improvement and professional growth
• Actively promotes WV core values
• Organization and time management skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
• Be professional, trustworthy and respectful of others and display a positive attitude
• Communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
• Work together effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of communities and individuals including children and youth
• Exhibit initiative, integrity and sound judgment
Working Environment / Conditions:
Travel: domestic travel.
REMUNERATION: Competitive with market standards
Applications to be done through the following link ONLY: [email protected]
Closing date 13th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision Lesotho is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.
WORLD VISION DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY FORM OF PAYMENT FOR JOB PLACEMENT.