- Job Title : Project Accountant
- Institution : Lesotho Planned Parenthood Association
- Division : Finance and Administration
- Location : Head Office
- Responsible to : Finance and Administration Director
- Personnel directly supervised by Title: None
Under the general supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, the Project Accountant will assist the Finance and Administration Director with the Financial and Technical Management of all LPPA Restricted Projects, working hand in hand with Accountant He / She will ensure proper and sound management of LPPA financial and accounting transactions.
- Overall Financial and Technical Project Management of all LPPA Restricted Projects
- Ensures development, management and custodianship of all LPPA budgets for Restricted Projects
- Ensures that there is value for money on all LPPA transactions
- Prepares and compiles reports as per respective Donor Format
- Production of monthly Projects Management reports for management
- Prepares monthly Bank Statements
- Implements assigned duties as per Auditors recommendation PLAN
- Updates and compiles monthly Variance Analysis Report for LPPA Restricted Projects
- Participate in LPPA management meetings
- Support and advises program staff on the critical areas of Project Implementation
- Ensures a time to time follow up on Project implementation
- Any other duty that can be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or General Accountancy.
- At least 3 years working experience.
- Knowledge in Sun System is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Mature and pleasant disposition.
- Ready to familiarize him/herself with accepted LPPA operation regarding use of abbreviations and documentation used in various LPPA Management Systems.
- Good aptitude for figures and appreciation of the importance of Assistant Account.
- Honest and with good analytical skills in costing.
- Computer Literacy
Applicants are to submit a COVERING LETTER, COMPREHENSIVE CV and CERTIFIED COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATES to: The Human Resource Officer, P.O Box 340 Maseru 100.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- The closing date for receiving full applications is the 22th May, 2020, at 12:00 noon.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Selection interviews will be at a date, time and place determined by the LPPA.
- LPPA reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
“The Association shall not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, sexual orientation, HIV status and sex.”