Job Title : Programmes Director
Responsible To : Secretary General.
Duration : 12 months
Location : LRCS HQ
Job Summary :
Reporting to the Secretary General and as a Senior Member of the management team, the Programme Director will be responsible for effective and efficient coordination, planning, implementation of high quality, efficient and effective national programmes leading to a well functioning National Society. The post holder is responsible for ensuring that across the LRCS there is an integrated approach to programming and to coordinate the actions of staff to carry out the following range of activities:
• Support the SG in ensuring relevance of programming, promoting principles and values, development of strategic plans, fundraising capacity expansion, membership and volunteering, and active leadership and participation of youth in core programme areas
• Promote knowledge management and testing of innovative approaches to address critical challenges in programme implementation.
• Provide leadership to Disaster Management, Health and Social Services team to ensure that disaster response is effectively and timely organised, coordinated and directed.
• Ensure that the disaster response is relevant to the identified needs and is part of a wider strategy covering recovery and long-term development.
• Provide overall coordination to longer term programming support in the LRCS in health, social services, disaster preparedness/risk reduction, recovery.
• Ensure efficient and effective management of Partner’s resources in the programmes under his/her responsibility. This includes providing strategic leadership in support of the LRCS as outlined in the long term strategic plans and budgets.
• Ensure the implementation of LRCS coordinated activities according to approved plans and budgets, and in compliance with LRCS procedures, regulations and policies.
• Ensure that monitoring and evaluation carried out in LRCS are relevant, effective and implemented to the best international practice of shared learning and accountability.
• Ensure there are appropriate assessments and “lessons learned” processes and morphing/exit strategies to optimise sustainability and community ownership of various programmes.
• Provide day to day management of all staff reporting to the position in LRCS. This includes ensuring of staff performance appraisals.
• Ensure sound planning and financial management for areas under his/her responsibility.
• Contribute to upholding the LRCS’s policies, procedures and management system, and support their improvement and review as necessary.
• Ensure effective coordination of all monitoring, support and evaluation activities and coordinate response to findings.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• post graduate qualifications in Social Sciences and minimum of Seven years’ work experience and knowledge of programme development, coordination and management at senior level preferably in community health, and disaster management issues
• Experience in diplomacy and/or high level representation functions
• Demonstrated success in planning, project management and reporting
• Proven successful experience in strategy development and implementation
• Proven successful experience in finance and risk management
• Proven successful experience in people and performance management
• Knowledge of programme assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Understanding or a broad range of emergency and development issues.
• Excellent Project Management knowledge
• Sound Financial management
• Sound understanding of the civil society / development sector
• Sound understanding funding sector
• Sound understanding of proposal writing
Closing date for all applications Friday 25th September 2020, 12:00 noon.
Interested candidates should send their applications, curriculum vitae written with not more than font size 12 and certified Tertiary certificates and transcripts to the Human Resources and Admin Manager, Lesotho Red Cross Society, Red Cross House, 23 Mabile Road, Private Bag A 205, Maseru 100. An email: [email protected] or [email protected] . No hard copies ONLY electronic application.
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.