Prevail is a new foundation dedicated to catalyzing large-scale social change by supporting private philanthropy and field implementers to pursue more ambitious and impactful goals. We raise capital from ultra high-net worth individuals (UHNWI) to fund specific initiatives for 10-12 years. Rather than diversifying across multiple causes, we prioritize deep, strategic investments in proven solutions with the potential to reshape global norms. For example, our first fund aims to improve foundational education for over 25 million children across 10 national governments in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
Prevail provides patient capital to implementers – primarily in the form of grants that grow over time as our partner organizations scale. In addition to funding, Prevail also offers a suite of systems and talent development services designed to address common growth barriers and prepare partner organizations for accelerated scale.
Our roots are in building organizations from the ground up that deliver impact at scale. Our co-founding board members have a track record of scaling social enterprises that together employ more than 12,000 staff and manage annual budgets exceeding $500 million. To achieve our goals, we’re assembling a team of results-oriented individuals with strong implementation experience and a passion for delivering impact at scale through strategic philanthropy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Foundation, Prevail will manage a large portfolio of implementers and stakeholders, across many different geographies. The Program Associate will be at the center of this work. The person in this role will be a key interface with our partners, and help to facilitate and coordinate work within the Prevail team. Specifically this role will work in these areas:
- Support Prevail Internal Operations
- Grant Management:
- Conduct in-depth due diligence on potential grantees, evaluating organizational sustainability and alignment with our vision
- Develop systems to standardize grant approval, reporting and renewal processes
- Identify risks to programs and partner with program teams to make recommendations that mitigate these risks
- Financial Administration: (Depends on candidate skillset)
- Work with leadership to manage Prevail’s finances, enhancing existing reporting and building new systems where needed
- Ensure smooth payroll processing and accurate payments, promoting organizational consistency both internally and externally
- Develop budget with financial projections on a quarterly and annual basis with opportunities to identify and improve critical elements of fiscal health
- Global Legal Compliance: Navigate complex regulatory environments to ensure compliance with international laws
- Manage critical legal filings across evolving international contexts, proactively identifying and addressing any potential gaps
- Collaborate directly with legal counsel to preemptively address challenges and opportunities
- Stay informed of government policies that impact Prevail programs, raising any areas that may impact decision-making
- Grant Management:
- General Support
- Research: Conduct ad hoc support as needed on targeted research topics that can shape Prevail strategic direction
- Project Management: Act as a gatekeeper for organization-wide project and knowledge management systems to guide cross-functional collaboration
- Team Logistics: Facilitate logistics for team activities to nurture a collaborative and enjoyable work environmental
Ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Work Experience. You have 2-5 years of experience facilitating and coordinating projects, especially detail oriented project management.
- Organized and Systematic. You are the type of person who loves details and building systems that bring order to complicated projects.
- Coordinating and Facilitating. You have experience coordinating people and facilitating work flows across teams and geographies to deliver excellent results.
- Concise Communication. You love writing clear, succinct communications and crafting presentations that deliver complex messaging effectively to diverse audiences.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our culture is built on the following values and competencies:
- Ownership and Outcomes: We have a bias for informed action. When something goes wrong, we reflect inward, and take responsibility for outcomes. When we see an opportunity to improve, we proactively take the lead and rally others to find a solution.
- Humility: We prioritize collective success over personal accolades, welcome constructive criticism, and have a strong ethos of continuous feedback.
- Scout Mindset: We are life-long learners, value open-mindedness and champion a genuine willingness to change our beliefs based on evidence.
- Data: We look for the right data and metrics to understand the context, draw conclusions and make informed recommendations.
- Motivated by Scale: We are energized by ambitious targets and moving fast to achieve them.
- Team Oriented: We are quick to ask for help, and we are quick to help others before being asked.
- High Adaptability: We thrive in rapidly changing, low-context environments and can quickly pivot based on new information, adjusting priorities as needed.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We care about investing in our team’s professional development. Although this is a start-up environment, you will have regular check-ins with your manager and career feedback sessions. You will also have regular access to senior leadership, both internally and with partner organizations, through your work.
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
LOCATION & LANGUAGE
Prevail is a globally distributed team with all staff operating remotely. We try to find the best people for our team who are located in countries close to our partners on the ground. This position is fully remote, with a preference for someone based in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are flexible regarding the specific country as long as you are legally able to work there. We will not sponsor international candidates. Fluency in English is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and a competitive leave policy.
Full-time job. We are open to considering a part-time start if there is a commitment to transitioning to full time long-term.
Please fill out this form. At Prevail, we review applicants once a week, and qualified candidates will be contacted for a 30 min informational chat. Strong candidates will also go through 2 written assignments, one personal experience /case study interview and one final structured interview.