Powered by big dreams and small egos, Trilogy is reimagining how skills-based learning can change the face of education. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top universities to create boot camps that prepare highly-motivated students for high-growth careers. And although we’ve successfully graduated hundreds of students, this is truly Day 1 for us.
Driven by a one-team mentality, we’re looking for those with the hunger, talent, and passion to ride this wave with us.
Trilogy is the first of its kind to bring the successful web development boot camp model in house to academic institutions while supporting the entire student academic journey. Our platform combines coding curriculum, student recruitment, and career placement services to elevate graduates for increased job market success. We are in high-growth mode and rapidly expanding our family of partners.
We are seeking…
A well written and highly communicative Profile Coach to aid in reviewing, providing feedback, and helping our students build the professional documents needed to get hired. We have expanded our international partnerships to include universities around the world and the successful candidate will play a key role in the success of these new programs. Our students currently work with some of the best companies in the world, from startup to enterprise level: Deloitte, IBM, CardCash, and others. You will be responsible for providing feedback on, and guiding students through, revisions on their technical resumes, cover letters, social media footprint, and portfolio.
High-level view of who you are:
- You are comfortable working with written business documents in English.
- You have a professional and critical eye to detail that will help enhance and/or provide needed assistance with students’ career materials and your professional writing and communication skills have been used repeatedly in either resume writing, career preparation, or human resource functions.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place through skills-based education.
- You are excited to engage with students and help them create a portfolio of documents that will drive them to obtain a new job.
In this job you will:
- Provide timely feedback to students in various programs to polish their online profiles including resumes, cover letters, social media footprint, and technical portfolio.
- Provide expertise that will help optimize templates for resumes, online portfolios, and other tools used for people to get hired.
- Take a consultative approach, ensuring you are building a student’s confidence while guiding them on their professional documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with students over multiple locations as well as with our internal Career Services team.
- Collaborate with various departments to create or streamline team tools and processes.
- Participate in training new team members as assigned by the training coordinator.
- Run or assist with online student workshops.
- Maintain accurate records of activity through our software.
- Manage your time appropriately while meeting deadlines.
- Be responsible for individual goals and metrics.
- Attend required team and company meetings.
- Participate in additional projects and other duties as assigned.
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- Fluency in speaking and writing English is required. Fluency in Spanish and experience with written career search materials in Spanish would be a bonus but is not a requirement.
- Certified Professional Resume Writers (CPRW) and Nationally Certified Resume Writers (NCRW) certification is helpful, but not required. Those with career coaching, human resources, or technical recruiting experience will also be considered.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to engage through text, so strong writing skills are essential as well as impeccable attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision. Self-direction required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word/Google Docs.
- Possesses strong collaboration skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and diverse sets of colleague and adjust rapidly to changing environment/workflow.
- Comfort level with ambiguity and willingness to take risks.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM is preferred.
- Solid tech and industry knowledge very helpful, but not required.
- Technical sourcing experience helpful, but not required.