DEPARTMENT OF THEOLOGY AND RELIGIOUS
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
POST NO. 1717
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of an Associate Professor / Professor in Theology and Religious Studies.
Qualifications and Requirements
• A PhD in Theological/Religious/Biblical Studies.
• Nine (9) or more years teaching experience in Biblical/Theological/Religious Studies for Professor and
seven (7) years for Associate Professor.
• A record of high teaching experience at both the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels from recognised
• Sound and extensive experience in research and publishing in areas of Theology, Scripture (Bible), and Religious
• Experience in service to the community.
• Experience in management, mentorship and leadership at academic institutions of higher learning.
Duties and responsibilities
• Teach at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
• Supervise both the undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
• Initiate Research in the Department.
• Contribute in the development of the Department, the Faculty, and the University in general.
• Mentor and collaborate with colleagues in the Department, Faculty and University at large in research and publication.
The appointment for this post shall be for two years contract renewable upon satisfactory performance for Non-locals or permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for locals.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience
Information required from candidate
Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the
University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
a) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for.
b) Provide current CV (including telephone and e-mail contact details) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
c) Provide names and contact details of three (3) contactable professional referees.
d) Certified copy of an Identity Document.
All applications should be e-mailed to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 16th April, 2021.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your