FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
POST NO. 2005
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of an Associate Professor / Professor in Demography/Population Studies.
Qualifications and Requirements
▪ Ph.D. in Demography/Population Studies;
▪ Broad working experience in Demography/Population Studies, which includes experience in teaching at the university level, training of demographers elsewhere and/or application of Demography/Population Studies in research;
▪ An Associate Professor in a university with at least twelve (12) years of teaching experience and for the position of a Professor must have at least ten (10) years of teaching experience and proven record of research and refereed publications in the relevant field, and must already be in these positions at the equivalent institution of higher learning at the time of application;
▪ Strong educational background in Demography/ Population studies;
▪ Skills in teaching technical and applied Demography/Population Studies courses, conducting research and supervision of students’ research projects;
▪ Strong and broad experience in curriculum development, institutional partnership/linkages, academic advising, and
organization of conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Successful candidate for the respective post of an Associate Professor/Professor will be expected to teach Demography/ Population Studies courses, supervise students’ research projects and participate in research activities of the Department. Whenever it may be found necessary, successful candidate will be assigned any other duties,
including administrative duties, in the Department.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and two Years’ Contract for Non-Locals
Information Required from Candidates
a) Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) and certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts.
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
e) Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 16th April, 2021.
The applications should be emailed to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your