Position: Professional Counselor
Duty Station: Health Facilities in Butha-Buthe and Mokhotlong
Reports to: District HTS and PSS Officer
Classification: Full-time, fixed term contract
A facility based position reporting to the District HTS and PSS officer. The Professional Counsellor will ensure provision of HTS at all entry points of the health facility.
Responsible for the provision of provider and client initiated testing and counselling at the health facility. The Counselor will mentor and train Lay counsellor HTS activities, ensure proper documentation and reporting of facility HTS and related activities. S/he will support QA/QC for HIV testing, support the integration of HTS services with TB SRH, and other relevant entry points within the health facility.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure provision and appropriate documentation of HTS activities at all facility entry points.
- Lead, conduct and support activities to scale up index testing and partner notification, HIVST, and inpatient testing and the health facility.
- Track and implement strategies to support the activities above so as to ensure meeting set facility targets.
- Support viral load suppression activities for patients on ART through provision of advanced adherence counselling.
- Collate HTS data, weekly, monthly and quarterly as required at all entry points.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Counselling, Psychology Health Science or any other related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HIV Testing Services and Familiarity with Lesotho’s relevant policies, guidelines and programming.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill fo the project Director.
Applicants must email application , including CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 27th January 2020.