Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. BCMCFL is responding to the request for proposal by the Ministry of Finance Project Management Unit (MOFPMU) to be Sub-Recipient to support implementation under New Funding Model 3 (NFM 3) Grant of the Government of Lesotho supported by the Global Fund.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Professional Counsellor * 6
Based in the following districts:
Leribe * 1
Butha-Buthe * 1
Quthing * 1
Qacha’s Nek * 1
Mokhotlong * 1
Thaba-Tseka * 1
Duties and Responsibilities
The Professional Counsellor will supervise Youth Mentors and provide ongoing training and quality assurance in collaboration with District Health Management Team (DHMT) Senior Counsellor. The Professional Counsellor is responsible for provision of high-quality HIV testing and counselling services as well as accurate documentation to ensure that set targets for improving Index Testing and Community HIV Care, HIV Self Testing and Treatment are achieved.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide ongoing training, mentorship, and supervision of HTCnactivities for Youth Mentors at each site;
• Works with team to provide HTS during mobile clinic service provision;
• Communicate regularly with Youth Mentors regarding implementation of activities;
• Ensure that implementation of project strategies to improve
appropriate testing, enrolment and retention in care of Adolescents and Young People (AYP);
• Ensure accurate monitoring and evaluation activities for each site;
• Ensure schedules are developed by Youth Mentors and shared with mobile clinic teams;
• Support mobilization and demand creation activities led by Youth Mentors;
• Visit each site at least once a month or more frequently as needed;
• Collect HTC data monthly for each site and forward to M&E at district level;
• Supervises the CAMARA groups sessions that are supported by Youth Mentors;
• Train Youth Mentors on the role of psychosocial support and adherence to care and treatment;
• Contribute in the development of behavioral change communication messages;
• Ensure AYP and their partner’s contacts are collected and send to database;
• Ensure monthly HTS targets are met;
• Ensure timely submission of reports to the project coordinator;
• Perform any other duty that may be assigned by administration from time to time.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
• Degree in Social Work/Pastoral Care and Counselling or related qualification
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in HIV Testing Services
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Good report writing, training and computer skills
• Willingness to adapt to the changing demands of the position
• Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet targets
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, certified copy of current registration with Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council or Lesotho Nursing Council where applicable, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, 20th August 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.