Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
JOB TITLE : PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (RE- ADVERTISMENT)
GRADE : G (M 177192.00 -210 792.00 P/A)
The incumbent will report to the Manager – Quality Assurance. She/he will manage the centre and ensure adequate supply of equipment, machinery and tools. She/he is also responsible for provision of advice on proper specifications in order to improve teaching and learning of technical subjects and oversees the general functioning of materials supply centre. Also prepares examinations materials for practical subjects, trains teaching staff on use of teaching aids and models and conducts facility needs assessment in the training provided.
- Manages and maintains equipment, machinery and tools in good
- Supervises auxiliary staff that may be attached to the materials supply
- Receives, registers and processes order from schools and disperses them
- Reconciles payment done at MOET Central Accounts with orders/receipts in accordance with Financial Regulations.
- Ensures regular ordering of materials, tools and machinery from
supplies to ensure adequate stock of supplies.
- Keeps inventory of stock, equipment, tools and machine parts and
ensures that there are no irregularities.
- Prepares and processes materials/consumables for sale as per orders
- Prepares teaching kits for Junior Certificate Woodwork and Basic
handicrafts and as well as COSC woodwork and metalwork and trade testing materials.
- Promotes products to maximize consumption of stock.
- Develops specification for tools, machinery and equipment for
Secondary Technical Schools, and TVET institutions.
- Prepares teaching aids and models for secondary schools and WET
- Conducts training workshops for teachers on preparation of teaching
aids and models.
- Visits schools for inspection of teaching resources and collecting and
- Promotes resources and services in the center.
- Carries out any duties related to the operations of the materials supply
center as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Conducts facility needs for practical subjects in secondary schools and
Master’s degree in Technical Education from a recognized Training Institution
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Training Institution PLUS three (3) years working experience in teaching Technical subjects.
Additional qualification in the development of teaching and learning materials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with people
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to solve problems or conflict management skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Ability to repair and maintain machines to be in good working order.
- Possession of technical knowledge and understanding of WET and
secondary school system in Lesotho.
- Report writing skills.
- Result oriented with sound business acumen.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers, duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than 23rd August, 2018