All qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their resumes and certified academic qualifications for the position of Production Superintendent on or before the 26th February 2021. Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line RE: Application for Production Superintendent Position.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• The purpose of this position is to formulate production and extractive metallurgical operations to enhance diamond recovery effectiveness, plant availability and utilization and diamond value management performance.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• B.Eng. / BSc in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or;
• Recognized Trade diploma with 6 years Operational experience with at least 2 years in Management / Supervisory Experience.
• 6 Years Operational experience in a Plant Operation Environment
• 2 Years Management / Supervisory Experience
• 2 Years Open Pit Diamond Mining experience (advantageous)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• In-depth knowledge of Plant operational and Metallurgical principles
• Investigate and diagnose problems and breakdowns to prioritize resource requirements and order equipment and consumables according to company procedures (PLOC)
• Well-developed managerial and technical acumen
• Must possess strong cultural sensitivity and be able to execute work successfully in a different culture
• Demonstrated experience in coaching, mentoring and developing subordinates
• Demonstrated commitment to ensuring a safe working environment
• Company structures, policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Must display initiative and technical know-how in identifying metallurgical and operational problem areas and be able to propose enhancements to the process which will positively influence diamond recovery and plant utilization
• Budgeting and Cost Control Skills
• Project Management Skills
• Basic Financial Management Skills
• Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office)
• Motivation and Mentoring Skills
• Report Writing Skills
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.