All qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certified academic qualifications for the position of Production Manager on or before the 21 February 2020.
Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line RE: Application For Production Manager Position OR hand delivered to SMD Maseru Office, 15 UN Road, Sentinel Office Park. The position is based at SMD Mine, Kao.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Mining
• Degree in Mining (Advantageous)
• Blasting certificate
• Mine Overseers Certificate (Advantageous)
• Mine Managers Certificate (Advantageous)
• Business or Project Management qualification
• 5 Years’ Mining experience within a project execution and contracts management, planning and production environment
• 3 Years’ Production experience at a senior level
• 3 Years’ Experience in the application of heavy mining equipment
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Good understanding of massive ore body mining methods, geology, survey, ventilation, rock engineering, project management and SHE
• Understanding of technical services functions i.e. survey, geology, sampling etc.
• Adequate level of understanding of how businesses work and knowledgeable on current practices, trends and information affecting the business
• Knowledge of laws and relevant legislation
• In-depth knowledge of open pit mining methods, best practices, principles and associated technologies
• In-depth knowledge and experience regarding application and productivity levels of open pit mining equipment and machinery
• Good understanding of mine planning, layouts and design as well as applicable technical services rendered within the mining industry
• Familiar with statistical calculations and construction of graphical summaries
• Sound knowledge of resources requirements associated with trackless / conventional mining
• Design, implement, and monitor the development of mining activities, production facilities, systems, or equipment.
• Monitor mine production rates to assess operational effectiveness
• Lay out, direct, and supervise mine construction operations, such as the construction of shafts and tunnels
• Devise solutions to problems of land reclamation and water and air pollution, such as methods of storing excavated soil and returning exhausted mine sites to natural states
• Innovation and continuous improvement
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Problem-solving skills
• Critical Thinking and reasoning skills to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Writing skills, for writing reports and publications
• Good communication and active listening skills
• Good interpersonal and networking skills
• Motivated and inspirational, with the ability to work within a team environment
Budgeting and cost control skills
• Project management skills
• Basic financial management skills
• Experience in industrial relations practices and negotiation
• Proficient computer skills of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and MS Projects
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.